Monday, October 17, 2022

Splendid Pumpkin Give Thanks - Stampin' Up! Rustic Pumpkin Dies

  Still working on my Thanksgiving cards.  There is so much inspiration for autumn themed cards out there right now!  From designer series papers, card challenges and then the colors right outside our doors that it's so fun to see what can be made next!  I used the Fusion Card Challenge for the inspiration for today's card.  I used both the inspiration photo elements as well as the sketch.


  I loved the softer colors of the pumpkins in the the photo as well as the leafy garland around the window.  I pulled both of those elements along with a lot of white like the kitchen photo to put this card together. I started with a Basic White thick card base, then embossed another layer of Basic White with the Brick Wall embossing folder for some nice subtle texture in the background.

  Next I used the Splendid Stems dies to cut leaf sprigs in Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent.  I layered them across the card front like the narrow horizontal element of the sketch.  I cut a Basic White banner and using the edge of the brush end of the Evening Evergreen Stampin' Write marker I lightly inked the edges of the banner to define it a bit against the white background.  

 To make the pumpkin I cut 3 skinny pumpkins with the Rustic Pumpkins dies out of retired 2021-2023 In Color Designer Series Paper in a nice light plaid pattern in Pale Papaya.  I layered them and then popped them up with dimensionals on the banner along with an Evening Evergreen stem.

  The sentiment is from another long retired set and I stamped it in Soft Succulent and fussy it cut to fit on the pumpkin.  The final touches are some retired In Color gems sprinkled on the garland and a Soft Succulent ribbon knot on the pumpkin.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Good Greetings (retired)

Ink: Soft Succulent

Marker: Evening Evergreen

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen, 2021-2023 In Color DSP

Accessories: Brick Wall embossing folder, Splendid Stems dies, Rustic Pumpkin dies, Soft Succulent ribbon, dimensionals, In Color gems (retired)



2 comments:

  1. I really like the leaf sprigs and the texture in the background. Thanks for playing over at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your leafy garland! Sweet fall card~ Glad you shared it ay Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!