Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Rose Gold Pumpkin - Stampin' Up! Hello Harvest

   Central Virginia fall weather certainly keeps us on our toes and keeps the wardrobe decisions in constant flux.  I have shorts, t-shirts, jeans, sweats, flip flops, warm slippers and 8 other layers in a pile in my closet because the weather is changing from hour to hour and I'm never sure what I might need to change into as the day goes on!  It went from hot weather last week to cooler and rainy with remnants of hurricane Ian and now it's in the low 50s but sunny.  At least the weather is matching my card for today!  

  We made this design at my last class and while some of my stampers are more than happy to start on Christmas cards I didn't want to bypass autumn altogether.  


  I love the Rose Gold Specialty paper and it looks awesome when cut with the Rustic Pumpkin dies with the great texture.  The pumpkin is made with 3 of the narrow pumpkin shapes layered together with an Old Olive stem and vine.  Dimensionals make it pop from the card front.

  The sentiment is stamped in Memento black and fussy cut and then layered with 2 oak leaves that were made by inking up the stamp first in Pale Papaya and then using a sponge dauber added a bit of Cajun Craze ink along the edges and then stamped one leaf and then the other without reinking so you get the lighter version.

  The banner is made from the Rustic Harvest DSP which has great black and white patterns on the reverse sides of colored patterns.

  The base of the card is Cajun Craze with another slightly smaller layer of Cajun Craze embossed with the Leaf Fall embossing folder.

  I made a few extras of this design and I think they will be perfect to send out to a few people for Thanksgiving.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hello Harvest

Ink: Pale Papaya, Cajun Craze, Memento Black

Paper: Cajun Craze, Basic White, Rose Gold Specialty paper, Rustic Harvest DSP, Old Olive

Accessories: Rustic Pumpkin dies, Leaf Fall embossing folder, dimensionals, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!