Thursday, March 8, 2018

Spring Branch - Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons

Many years ago when we first moved to Virginia I was in awe of the fact that spring came around my birthday.  I grew up in CT and having an early March birthday the season was still solidly in winter and came with all the cold and snow you would expect.  In Virginia the daffodils are blooming, the lawns are greening up and even the maples start getting buds.  It was so fun to have warmer days and sunshine leading up to my birthday in Virginia....that is except for the last few years!  We've been having cold, wintry weather the last few years and I am not happy about it!  I am ready for some warmer weather but at least I'm not shoveling snow as everyone in the northeast is doing the past few days!

  My card today is definitely a spring card and I hope that our weather improves soon so that I'll be seeing some signs of spring just like it.  Sidenote: my daffodils have been blooming for about 2 weeks now but it's not the same when the temperature is only in the 40s!


  Using the Colorful Seasons bundle in the annual catalog I made this blooming branch against a background of green leaves.  

  A very easy card to make that can be used for a hello, birthday, thinking of you or happy Easter greeting.

  The only embellishments are a tiny pearls in the centers of a few flowers and a doubled length of the narrow organza ribbon.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Colorful Seasons

Ink: Fresh Fig, Sweet Sugar Plum

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Early Espresso

Accessories: dimensionals, pearls, organza ribbon, Seasonal Layers thinlets, Layered Leaves embossing folder

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!