Friday, March 9, 2018

Gift Bow Wreath - Stampin' Up! Picture Perfect Birthday

A wreath might not be your typical "happy birthday" image but it's a really fun way to show off the sweet gift bow from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set in the Occasions catalog.

 

 I pulled my color combination from a trip to the quilting store.  Whenever my mom visits I take her on the rounds of quilt stores in the Richmond area because apparently fabric is kind of like crack to some people like stamping supplies might be to others (don't know any of those people do we??).  I am not a sewer/quilter at all but I always find beautiful color combinations to try out on a card.

  This set of colors is Smoky Slate, Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst.  The first layer of each color is stamped off once and then the second layer is full strength.  After I stamped all the bows I fussy cut them and arranged them as a wreath.  

  I added the sentiment to the bottom in Basic Gray and a baker's twine bow to finish the details.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Picture Perfect Birthday

Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Smoky Slate, Berry Burst, Basic Gray

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Basic Gray

Accessories: baker's twine

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card! My sister is a quilter, and she would readily admit to the pull of fabric stores! When we had a store here several years ago, I would go in just to look at their displays and make notes of the color combinations. This morning I wrote a bit about my sister's gift of a quilt to me here: http://bit.ly/2tyjOmg

    I did not stamp yet today, but will in a few minutes as I'm "doing laundry" and "cleaning"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!