Friday, March 23, 2018

Fresh Toucan - Stampin' Up! Bird Banter

  You all almost got to see my next Fab Friday Design Team card a week early today!  I got ahead of myself a few days ago and thought that it was time for the next challenge so I made a card, wrote and scheduled the blog post, sent it all on to the team for publishing on the challenge site and then realized yesterday that I was a full week early!  Yikes!  That's the first time in challenge history that I've been early submitting my project!  I had to reschedule the post so it would go live next Friday and not today.  At least I have one thing already checked off of next week's very busy to do list!

  So today I'll be sharing this Fresh Toucan birthday card.  My grandma used to call the blue jays that came to her bird feeders 'fresh' as they hogged the seed and chased the other smaller birds away.  I thought this toucan was kind of fresh with his/her? birthday wish.  On the inside I stamped the 'you're welcome'!  So funny!  I'd rather my birthday got forgetten if it means that I don't get older!


  I used Stampin' Blends to color the bird and while the blue on the word bubble and ribbon is Dapper Denim the Night of Navy Blends marker works pretty well.

  I should probably make a whole stack of these cards as I have not been very prompt in getting birthday cards in the mail so far this year!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bird Banter, Birthday Wit

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Dapper Denim, Melon Mambo  

Blends: Night of Navy, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White

Accessories: Scattered Sequins embossing folder, dimensionals, Dapper Denim ribbon (retired), Melon Mambo baker's twine (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!