Thursday, January 28, 2021

Well Suited Envelopes - Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Birthdays

  With all my floral cards lately it was high time to design something more masculine for a change of pace.  When I first got a look at the Jan.-June Mini catalog I knew the Well Suited DSP would be on my preorder.  I loved the fun patterns and smaller scale and knew I would use them a lot even if I didn't get the stamp/die bundle.  It's nice to have some more masculine paper to mix in with stamp sets I already have to see what I can come up with.

  I used the current and last challenge ever at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I'm sad to see this challenge ending as it's been one of my go to's for a long time.  I thank the design team for all their lovely inspiration over the years.

 

  I had fun putting this design together.  The hardest part was deciding on only 3 papers for use for the envelopes!  Hard choices I tell you!

  This card starts with a Smoky Slate base, then the long skinny strip down the side which is Night of Navy topped with a Basic Gray strip embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.

  The envelopes and little inserts are cut with the Snail dies.  I used my Night of Navy marker to ink up individual words on the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays.  I did add a bit of adhesive to the inserts just so they wouldn't fall out in the mail or fall down into the envelope.  A bit more Night of Navy ink on another sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays for the corner and this card is finished.

  The mini envelopes are a fun way to show off multiple DSP patterns while showing off a cute message.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Night of Navy

Paper: Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Basic Gray, Well Suited DSP, Whisper White

Accessories: Snail dies, Tasteful Textile embossing folder



2 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a sharp way to use those cool papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so loving your rendition of our final Sketch. Amanda! Thanks so much for taking part in so many of our CTS challenges! Believe me, we'll be missing all of you, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!