Saturday, January 9, 2021

Scandinavian Slimline - Stampin' Up! Festive Post

   I made about 70 Christmas cards this past year and I would say that about 50 were one of a kind designs.  I usually don't have enough time each year to make that many individual designs and I usually take some of the designs and make multiples of them.  2020 being what it was I ended up with a lot more stamping time than normal.  It was fun pulling each card out of the storage box and adding my personal message to friends and family and seeing so many different cards.  I don't know what 2021 will bring in the way of available stamping time but I'm hoping to do more Christmas cards throughout the year to have a big variety again come December 2021.  I got a start on that this week with a double challenge card.

  I used the Freshly Made Sketches layout along with The Card Concept inspiration photo for my head start Christmas card which is in the Clean and Layered style.

  I hadn't jumped on the slimline bandwagon yet and the Freshly Made Sketches challenge was as good a time as any to try it out.  I googled to see what the measurements were and there seemed to be quite a bit of variation so I went with a size that fits in a business sized envelope.  This one is 8.5" x 4".  It seems quite massive compared to the regular A2 size I usually make though the photo doesn't really show it well.

  The colors and the classic Scandinavian style of the images from the inspiration photo were the basis for my choices. I started with a Whisper White card base, then a layer of Heartwarming Hugs DSP, then another layer of Whisper White.

  I cut the 3 circles in Real Red with the the Stitched Shapes dies.  For the largest I stamped and embossed the deer from Festive Post.  The other 2 circles have stamped snowflakes and a die cut snowflake using the Snowflake Wishes stamp set and coordinating dies.  The two little snowflakes are popped on dimensionals and the circle with the die cu snowflake t is popped as well.

  I added Whisper White twill ribbon across the front and then stamped the sentiment from Banner Year in Real Red.  A red mini rhinestone on the larger snowflake is the last detail.

  These were fun challenges to put together and I really like the clean look of the 2 colored design.  Not sure how many slimline cards I will make regularly but it's a nice size to have in repertoire if the occasion calls for a larger card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Festive Post (retired), Snowflake Wishes, Banner Year

Ink: Real Red, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Heartwarming Hugs DSP

Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, white embossing powder, So Many Snowflakes dies, dimensionals, red rhinestones, twill ribbon (retired)




 


3 comments:

  1. I love the festive colors and the classic Christmas images. Yay for making a dent on your 2021 Christmas card stash! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first slimline!! The red circles backing the little images are a fabulous look and I can definitely see how you were inspired. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches and at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your slimline is spot on, Amanda, especially love the red & white together. My favorite for a Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!