Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Classic Valentine - Stampin' Up! Heartfelt

 Our county social services office recently requested Valentine's day cards be donated so they can be distributed to senior homes and nursing homes for their residents.  Many of these residents haven't been able to have many visitors since the pandemic started and they want to spread some cheer and happiness with the cards.  If a Stampin' Up! demo can't get some Valentine's day cards made for a good cause like this then I don't know what good I am!

  The Tic Tac Toe Challenge has a fun challenge board to get us started with some cards.  My stamping friend LeAnne is hostess for this one and always has lovely samples and of course I wanted to join in!  I ended up with a very basic, classic card using the top row; heart, doily/lace, 'love' sentiment.  I hope my generic sentiment works ok for this.  Since I don't know who will get these cards I wanted to keep it simple and not overly familiar.

 This assortment of supplies really gave me a chance to use some retired items like the Painted with Love DSP from 2018, the doily and ribbon.  And I've always like this combo of colors for Valentine's day.  Add a bit of gold for good measure and it's an easy layout to make multiples.  I got 6 of these out of my scraps without even having to trim the DSP.

  The Heartfelt stamp set is used for the gold embossed heart outline as well as the little Rich Razzleberry stamps on the card base.  The sentiment is from a long retired hostess set that I can't bear to part with; Good Greetings.

  If you're a local RVA stamper and would like to donate cards to this cause I am collecting cards and will deliver a whole batch at once.  If you could drop off the cards to me by Feb. 1 that would be wonderful!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Heartfelt, Good Greetings (retired)

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Versamark

Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Brushed Gold cardstock, Whisper White, Painted with Love DSP (retired)

Accessories: gold embossing powder, Heart punch pack, dimensionals, doily (retired), Rich Razzleberry cotton ribbon (retired)

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a Valentine's card drive for care homes Amanda; I always make way more of these type of cards than I send so it would be a good opportunity to put them to good use! Love your pretty Valentine, using some of my favourite retired papers. Great doily inspiration too (I'm never quite sure what to do with these!) Thanks for playing along with us over at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make cards for nursing homes! We have one in our area that is TOTALLY locked down....nothing going in at all, maybe I could find another one! Or maybe the restrictions will be eased by February! Anyway, I was thrilled to see Good Greetings used on your pretty card (reminds me to get mine out too!) as well as that pretty DSP! A great take on my board! Thanks for playing with our Tic Tac Toe challenge this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!