Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Hooray for Perennials - Stampin' Up! Pretty Perennials

    When I placed my Jan.-June mini catalog pre-order in December I was excited to get the Pretty Perennials bundle especially because it coordinates with the Sale-a-Bration reward Paper Blooms DSP.  And it was time for some florals after all the Christmas stuff!  The first time I went to use it on a card I realized the dies didn't ship with the stamp set.  They were supposed to be in the box and were on the packing list so they either slipped out of the box en route or got missed during the picking process.  Either way I had to wait for a new die set to be shipped.  I could have used the stamp set without the dies and challenged myself (or fussy cut) but I was lazy and waited.

  It was worth the wait!  I really love all the combinations you can make with the dies and stamps.  Lots of different sized flowers and leaves for all kinds of cards.

  I started this card for a card sketch challenge but it's a clean and simple challenge and the way this card ended up isn't CAS so I'm not sharing it there but the general layout was definitely inspired by it.  

  The card starts with a Whisper White thick card base.  Then I used the fun paisley print from the Well Suited DSP.  The sentiment from Many Messages is stamped in Basic Gray on a strip of Whisper White and then backed with a larger piece of Melon Mambo.

  For the flowers and leaves I pulled all my colors from the Brights collection and just started stamping.  Once I had a pile of flowers and leaves I set about arranging them to the side of the sentiment.  A few are popped with dimensionals for added interest.

  I added a few iridescent sequins leftover from an old Paper Pumpkin kit as the only embellishment.

  I'm really looking forward to getting lots of cards out of this set!  So many color combinations can be used!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pretty Perennials, Many Messages

Ink: Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Well Suited DSP

Accessories: Perennial Petals dies, dimensionals, sequins (retired)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!