Friday, January 8, 2021

Heartfelt Valentine - Stampin' Up! Heartfelt

   My colors today are from the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge.  I have to admit that this card took longer than it should have to come together.  I had these colors, which I love, out on my desk for 2 days and kept pulling stamp sets out and contemplating them and then putting them back and trying another.  I really wanted to use one of my new stamp sets but none of them were speaking to me with these colors. Finally I settled on a straight up Valentine's day card and pulled out last year's Valentine's day set from Stampin' Up! that happens to have been carried over as well as a few stamps from other sets.

  My first attempt at this design was complete and ready to be photographed when I realized I had used Coastal Cabana cardstock instead of Pool Party for the smaller punched center heart.  It was a good thing I hadn't cleaned up all my supplies because the second version came together much quicker!

  I started with a Cherry Cobbler card base and then a layer of Cherry Cobbler DSP from the Classic Christmas 6x6 DSP.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White and embossed it with the Detailed Hearts die.  I always forget that you can emboss with dies and I hadn't done it in a long time and I thought it would be a great background for this CAS card.

  After embossing I looked through my sets to find a small heart stamp to add a few Pool Party hearts to the card front.  The one that worked the best is from the new Kangaroo & Company set.

  Next I used the Heart punch pack and punched the scalloped heart in Bermuda Bay and the smaller one in Pool Party after stamping the heart outline in Bermuda bay ink.  After popping the layered heart on dimensionals I added the sentiment from Posted for You stamped in Cherry Cobbler and the accessories.  A retired Cherry Cobbler candy dot and a Pool Party baker's twine bow finish off the details.

  I'm glad I persevered because I'm pleased with how this one turned out and because of my small oopsie with the wrong color I've now got 2 cards!

   Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Heartfelt, Posted for You, Kangaroo & Company

Ink: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Classic Christmas DSP (retired)

Accessories: Detailed Hearts die, Heart Punch pack, candy dot (retired), Pool Party baker's twine (retired)


 

5 comments:

  1. Your card. Is quite lovely and the embossed background adds just enough texture. I enjoyed your story about the wrong color - I’ve done that myself! Happy you were able to quickly make another. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda this is lovely! The slight background embossing adds interest but the thing I like the most is the blue heart (as opposed to a more traditional red). By using the red for the base and the accent and sentiment, it gives your card a fresh feel and really rings the changes. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at CC&S this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you made your layered heart Amanda. The single candy dot, the twine, and the label sentiment are perfect embellishments! Thanks for coming to play with us at CC&S this week :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colors & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a big fan of texture, I adore your embossed background, such a great idea. I too forget that embossing can happen with dies. That thought has already stirred up some new ideas for me...Thank you. Love how your card came together, great things come to those you step back and contemplate! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!