Tuesday, January 30, 2024

XOXO Valentine - Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Hellos

   I probably don't need any more Valentine's Day cards but I just can't stop making them!  The Most Adored DSP which is one of the Sale-a-Bration choices is the perfect paper for these cards.  And most of the patterns aren't overt V-day designs at all which makes them even more versatile!  How pretty are those gold patterns??  You've got until Feb. 29 to place a qualifying order to get this paper pack for free.

  I combined challenges for my card today; the sketch comes from CAS Colours & Sketches and the use of the x's and o's is from the Inspired By challenge.

  The diagonal angle was a fun element to contemplate while still keeping the card clean and simple so I thought a clean simple plaid pattern in gold against a white background would work.  What do you think?


  I took a 4" x 5.25" panel of the DSP and cut it on the diagonal for a nice clean line across the card.  I used the other side to decorate the inside of the or you could make a second card with it.  It's a win either way.  After adhering the DSP to the Basic White thick card base I got to work on my x's and o's.

  I used the retired Playful Alphabet dies but any smaller alphabet die set would work well.  First I cut 2 of each letter from some gold specialty paper.  I used the retired Fine Shimmer but gold foil or distressed gold paper would work too.  I repeated the die cuts again but used the foam adhesive sheets.  I adhered the gold letters to the foam and then put them all on a Stylish Shapes square die cut.  The straight edges and using Basic White cardstock kept the look clean and simple.

  Finally to follow the sketch I had to add a sentiment in the lower right hand corner.  I pulled out another Sale-a-Bration reward Heartfelt Hellos stamp set and stamped it in Real Red and fussy cut the 'love' and trimmed the 'you' and popped them both on dimensionals. The bit of red really pops with the white and gold of the rest of the card.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased or earned for free in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Heartfelt Hellos (SAB)

Ink: Real Red

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Most Adored DSP (SAB), Fine Shimmer gold (retired)

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, foam adhesive sheets




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! That little red sentiment really pops and the XO panel works so well with the gold plaid!! CUUUUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhhh what a gorgeous CAS card, and a FABULOUS take on the Inspired By challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's so lovely Amanda - that plaid paper is gorgeous and the little touch of red is perfect against the gold & white! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!