Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Up and Away Birthday - Stampin' Up! Hot Air Balloon

   I've been trying to increase my birthday card stash but it seems that as soon as I make one, one has to go in the mail so I'm not making much progress!  I wanted to play along with Seize the Birthday challenge to get me even more of a push to create some birthday cards.  They are asking us to use embossing (either wet or dry).  I'm assuming wet embossing is what I call heat embossing but just in case I went with dry embossing with a folder to be safe!


  I started this one off with a Balmy Blue base and then another piece of Balmy Blue cut slightly smaller and then embossed with the Distressed Tile embossing folder.  I ran my brayer over the embossed piece using Balmy Blue ink to make the pattern just a little bit more prominent.  I thought it gave a nice effect for behind the balloons.

  If you've gotten the Hot Air Balloon bundle and you don't have the Basic Borders dies yet you're going to want to add it to your next order!  The cloud die that is in this die set is a perfect companion to this bundle.  I used it here to make a diagonal layer to give a sky like element to the card front.  And also a place to stamp my sentiment!  I used Blueberry Bushel ink for the sentiment and then popped the layer on dimensionals.

  The larger ballon is stamped in Bubble Bath with the basket in Pecan Pie.  The center band is cut out of a piece of Bubble Bath Soft Shimmer paper.  You can't tell from the photo but it's a nice little bit of sparkle there.  I overlaid it with a scalloped die cut in Parakeet Party.

  The smaller balloon is stamped in Bubble Bath and Blueberry Bushel with a Pecan Pie basket.  I used dimensionals to adhere it to the the embossed layer.

  To tie in the colors I added a few embellishments.  The large balloon has a knot of Blueberry Bushel ribbon that I found in my scrap bin from when it was an In Color.  The small balloon has a Parakeet Party baker's twine bow and finally a few retired Parakeet Party dots accent the sentiment.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hot Air Balloon

Ink: Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel, Bubble Bath, Parakeet Party, Pecan Pie

Paper: Balmy Blue, Basic White, Parakeet Party, Soft Shimmer paper

Accessories: Distressed Tile embossing folder, Hot Air Balloon dies, Basic Borders dies, dimensionals, baker's twine, Blueberry Bushel ribbon (retired), Parakeet Party dots (retired)



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hot air balloon card! I love the added hint of colour to the dry embossed panel (and yes, wet embossing is heat embossing). Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I spotted this card over on IG and it prompted me to go look and see if I still had my hot air balloon set and sadly I do not. However, I still have the die cut that SU came out with. It is a bit of a chore to use but you inspired me to pull it out. Love how this one turned out! Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!