Monday, January 15, 2024

Bird Sympathy - Stampin' Up! Flight & Airy DSP

  I'm not generally one that fussy cuts a lot of images directly from Designer Series Papers but the Sale-a-Bration offerings this year really give some great designs that are so easy to use even if you don't have a stamp set that coordinates with it.  I used the Trusty Toolbox DSP last Friday for a great masculine birthday card and today I'm used the Flight & Airy DSP for a sweet and simple sympathy card.  The Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge has a pretty mood board to draw inspiration from and I decided to focus on the the little bird on the branch for my card.

  


  It's always good to have sympathy cards on hand because I think it sucks having to make them on purpose.  I'd much rather just pull one out and send it off than to try to create something under sad circumstances.

  I used another piece of the Flight & Airy DSP for the background.  It's a nice Boho Blue watercolor look and pairs nicely with the rest of my color combo.  I backed a Basic White panel cut with the Perennial Postage dies with Fresh Freesia.
  
  The 2 leafy branches in Soft Sea Foam and Garden Green are die cut with the Notes of Nature dies and stacked and popped up with dimensionals.

  I fussy cut 2 of the birds and nestled them into the branches also using dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped in Boho Blue and can be found in the Lovely & Sweet stamp set. A bit of Garden Green baker's twine tied in a bow is added to the branch. I added a Fresh Freesia tinsel gem in each corner as a finishing detail.

  Don't forget you can earn the gorgeous Flight & Airy DSP with a $50 or more order during Sale-A-Bration (SAB).  All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased or earned in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lovely & Sweet (SAB)

Ink: Boho Blue

Paper: Flight & Airy DSP (SAB), Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Soft Sea Foam, Garden Green

Accessories: Perennial Postage dies, Notes of Nature dies, dimensionals, Tinsel Gems, Garden Green baker's twine (retired)



3 comments:

  1. This is just perfect, Amanda - and I don't fussy cut from DSP much either! I might have to take another look at this pack now - this is a real stunner! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely card, Amanda. The Flight & Airy DSP is one of my favorites and you have used it nicely. Thanks for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and soft colors for this card! I think it is perfect for a sympathy card. Really shows off the elements from the inspiration board! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!