Monday, January 22, 2024

Pastel Rainbow Wish - Stampin' Up! Hot Air Balloon

   I'm squeaking this card in just in time over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I loved the split panel in the background of this layout and spent a little bit of time thinking how to show it on my card; piece of ribbon? strip of narrow card stock? contrasting piece of DSP?  In the end I just cut my background layer into a large and small piece and and adhered it to the card base with dimensionals.


  The whole Hot Air Balloon suite is so pretty and the soft colors are perfect for looking ahead to spring cards as well as brightening these gray winter days lately.

Once I chose my background paper it was just a matter of trying to narrow down which of those colors I wanted to use for my balloon.  I went with Fresh Freesia and Lemon Lolly.  Crumb Cake is used for the basket. 

  After I die cut the balloon I adhered it to a retired Stitched So Sweetly scalloped rectangle and and adhered it to the card front.

  The sentiment is stamped in Balmy Blue and fussy cut and added to the side of the balloon.  A few die cut clouds covered in clear Wink of Stella give just a little bit of sparkle.  A few rainbow adhesive-backed dots finish off the details.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hot Air Balloon

Ink: Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lolly, Balmy Blue

Paper: Balmy Blue, Lighter Than Air DSP, Basic White

Accessories: Hot Air Balloon dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, rainbow adhesive-backed dots, Stitched So Sweetly dies (retired)



1 comment:

  1. I love the spring colors! Thank you for playing with my sketch this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!