Friday, January 26, 2024

Let's Eat Cake - Stampin' Up! Hooray for Surprises

   I'll admit it took me a few days of thinking about these colors before I was able to try to make anything with them.  At first I thought I would take the easy way out and just use the Sale-a-Bration rewards Trusty Toolbox DSP since all 3 colors are in the papers. But in the end I decided to challenge myself and used 2 of my sets from the Jan.-April mini catalog.  The colors are from the Global Design Project challenge by the way; Gray Granite, Lost Lagoon and Poppy Parade.


  I've found that the Hooray for Surprises stamp set and the Heartfelt Hexagon stamp set/punch really work well together.  The mix of images and sentiments gives a lot of mix and match options.

  I started with a Lost Lagoon base, then a layer of Basic White and then a layer of Lost Lagoon on which I stamped the cake from Hooray for Surprises in the same color ink.  

 I did end up using just a tiny piece of the Trusty Toolbox DSP for the strip across the card front.  The grid paper pattern is just enough to break up the darker background and give the sentiment an anchor.

  The sentiment border from Heartfelt Hexagon is stamped in Gray Granite, the sentiment is in Lost Lagoon and the heart is in Poppy Parade.  After it was punched out I added some Poppy Parade baker's twine to the back of the label and adhered it with dimensionals.  
  
  Since it is a birthday card I wanted to add a little bit of celebration sparkle so I added a few retired clear adhesive-backed glitter sequins around the sentiment.  I'm glad I waited to try out these colors because I do like the end results.   And I always need masculine birthday cards so it's a win!

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hooray for Surprises, Heartfelt Hexagons

Ink: Gray Granite, Lost Lagoon, Poppy Parade

Paper: Lost Lagoon, Basic White, Trusty Toolbox DSP (SAB)

Accessories: Heartfelt Hexagon punch, dimensionals, bakers twine (retired), clear adhesive-backed glitter sequins (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!