Saturday, January 6, 2024

Birdie Love You - Stampin' Up! Bird's Eye View

   These little birds haven't seen much ink these past few months with all the Christmas cards I was making.  With Valentine's Day coming up I thought they might make for a cute 'love you' card that wasn't all pink and red hearts.  The colors are from the Color Throwdown Challenge which are blue, olive and ivory which I translated into Stampin' Up! language of Azure Afternoon, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.


  It's always nice when I can use Annual Catalog products with brand new mini catalog products.  Sometimes I'm so focused on making samples with all new products the older ones get neglected and then before I know it they retire and I say to myself, "I wish I would have used that more often"!  I can't be the only one that does that right??!

  I started with a Balmy Blue base, then used the new Perennial Postage dies to cut a piece of Bright & Beautiful DSP and backed it with a piece of Very Vanilla.  I love the edge detail that these dies give.  Sometimes a plain straight edge on a layer is just too boring!  A bit of retired (so long ago retired!!!) Old Olive baker's twine is wrapped around the layer and tied in a bow.   I used the die set again to cut 2 smaller rectangles and used them as a base for adding the birds.

  The birds are stamped in Memento Black and colored with a variety of Blends colors (listed below) to go with the challenge.  Then they are fussy cut and popped on dimensionals on the smaller rectangles.

  The sentiment from Bee My Valentine was just the right casual look for the card and is stamped in Memento black.

  A few retired adhesive-back speckled dots are added around the birds.  They are listed as Mossy Meadow but show up as more Old Olive in my opinion but either way work with this color combo.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bird's Eye View, Bee My Valentine

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Old Olive light & dark, Azure Afternoon light & dark, Ivory, Balmy Blue dark, Daffodil Delight light

Paper: Azure Afternoon, Very Vanilla, Bright & Beautiful DSP

Accessories: Perennial Postage dies, dimensionals, Old Olive baker's twine (retired), adhesive-back speckled dots (retired)



1 comment:

  1. Those birdies are so stinking cute!! Thanks for play along with the Color Throwdow Challenge...you rocked the color combo with your trio of cute little birdies!!
    Deb Horst, Guest Designer #ctd774

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!