Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Love Bear - Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Hellos (SAB)

   With the start of the New Year I gave myself permission to recycle some odds and ends that I had been holding onto (some for several years!!) in my orphaned card parts basket.  I pulled out a few pieces that I thought I would actually use (and were made with current supplies) and the rest went into my recycling bin. There's no sense in holding onto card elements that just aren't ever going to make it onto a card.  They weren't bringing me joy so I Marie Kondo'd them!  But one of the items I did save was only because I had just looked at the list of challenges that I like to participate in and one of them had a cute little bear as part of the inspiration image and I knew that I could get it onto a card immediately and get some satisfaction from using something that had just been almost thrown away!

  I used the TGIF Challenge to make a quick Valentine's Day card using some great Sale-a-Bration products that will be available to customers in 2 days! (January 4 is when you can begin earning Sale-a-Bration products as well as order from the Jan.-April 2024 Mini catalog).


  So the bear is from the retired Happier Than Happy stamp set from the May 2022-April 2023 annual catalog and it was just due to good timing that he didn't get recycled with the rest of the basket! But he's a cutie isn't he??

  My card front is covered with a piece of Most Adored Specialty DSP which is a Sale-a-Bration (SAB) choice and I used a second piece of DSP from another SAB reward called Softly Stippled DSP to create the open circle panel.  This DSP pattern is beautiful in a Pool Party linen texture look.

  I popped the bear up on dimensionals and then gave him a stacked heart using the hearts from the Bee My Valentine stamp set.  The large heart is stamped in Pretty Peacock and the smaller one in Flirty Flamingo.  Both are punched out with the Bee Builder punch.

  The sentiment is a third SAB reward called Heartfelt Hellos stamp set and contains 6 decent sized sentiments in a mix of fonts.  I know this one will get a lot of use in my stamp room over the coming months.  I inked up the stamp with my markers (Pretty Peacock and Flirty Flamingo) and fussy cut the two parts and then popped them on dimensionals.

  Finishing touches are the baker's twine bow and adhesive-backed sequins.

  All current products used on this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE

  Items marked with a * will be available for purchase or earning through Sale-a-Bration starting January 4, 2024.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Heartfelt Hellos* (SAB), Bee My Valentine*, Happier Than Happy (retired)

Ink: Early Espresso, Pretty Peacock, Flirty Flamingo

Markers: Pretty Peacock, Flirty Flamingo

Paper: Most Adored Specialty DSP* (SAB), Softly Stippled DSP* (SAB), Crumb Cake, Basic White

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Bee Builder punch*, dimensionals, Baker's Twine Three Color pack*, Adhesive-backed sequins trio



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!