Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Sweet Copper Birthday - Stampin' Up! Lovely & Sweet

  The team over at Color Hues challenge is working with green and copper this time which I thought was a fun combo.  A metallic always adds such a nice element to any card.  I chose to use Soft Sea Foam with a little bit of Old Olive for accent for my green hues.


  I started with a Soft Sea Foam card base.  The Nature's Sweetness suite of products all work together so well and I used both stamp sets for this card.  I used the grid and field notes stamps from Notes of Nature to cover a square of Basic White.  The Soft Sea Foam ink is nice and light and make it look like a faded journal page.  
  
  I inked up the cocoa bean image from Lovely & Sweet in Versamark and stamped it right over the grid stamping then embossed it in Copper.  It's such a pretty contrast with the light green!  I used a blender pen and ink to color in the leaves.

  This panel is backed with a piece of Oxidized Copper that is a carryover item from the Sept.-Dec. mini catalog so it's still available!  I used the Lovely & Sweet dies to cut the Old Olive tab.  I stamped the grid image on it and then distressed it a bit by crumpling it up.

  The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive on a strip of Basic White and I trimmed the ends on an angle.  Before adhering it to the card with dimensionals I tucked a length of copper ribbon behind it for a little more pop of copper.

  The final touch are 2 Copper Clay 2023-2025 In Color dots in the corner of the image panel.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lovely & Sweet, Notes of Nature

Ink: Soft Sea Foam, Old Olive, Versamark

Paper: Soft Sea Foam, Basic White, Old Olive, Oxidized Copper Specialty paper

Accessories: Lovely & Sweet dies, copper embossing powder, 2023-2025 In Color dots, dimensionals, copper ribbon (retired)



3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading about your process to create this lovely card! The Oxidized Copper paper is a beautiful mat, and I love those copper clay dots and ribbon--the perfect accents! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Amanda. Love the subtle background and the ribbon was a nice touch. The script on your greeting is so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Amanda. Using the nature images worked beautifully with this color combination and you certainly had some love copper elements to match with the soft green. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!