Monday, January 29, 2024

Bright Floral Anniversary - Stampin' Up! Textured Floral

   My card today is one that I made more than a week ago to celebrate my downline's one year anniversary of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I didn't want to post it until I knew she had gotten it first!  She's a fabulous stamper and I've enjoyed cheering her on as she jumps right on in on each new challenge to build her business and have fun stamping.  She's on Instagram and Facebook as @scattersomejoy so give Kimberly a follow and wish her happy anniversary!  And if you're a stamper in Dallas maybe you can join her at her next class!!

  Anyway on to the card!  It was such gray and cold weather when I was choosing a stamp set and color palette that I just had to go for bright florals which made me think of full bloom summer gardens!  The Textured Floral stamp set was perfect for these colors which came from the As You See It Challenge.  Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow and Crushed Curry are the specific colors in the challenge.


  I started with a Mossy Meadow base and then stamped my own DSP on a piece of Basic White.  I just stamped the flowers and leaves all over filling in the white spaces.

  Then I stamped each flower and leaf again and then die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I didn't want to cover up that gorgeous background so I used a piece of vellum as a kind of frame/anchor for the die cut flowers and leaves which I adhered with dimensionals.

  The sentiment from Ringed with Nature is stamped in Mossy Meadow and also popped on dimensionals.  Finally I added a few of Iridescent adhesive-backed discs in Melon Mambo.  These embellishments were in the Sept.-Dec. 2023 mini catalog but are still available online for the time being!  

  All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Textured Floral, Ringed with Nature

Ink: Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry

Paper: Mossy Meadow, vellum, Basic White

Accessories: Textured Floral dies, dimensionals, Iridescent adhesive-backed discs




6 comments:

  1. Amanda, this is a perfect representation of this challenge! It is truly a vibrant design, but with the use of a fair amount of white background and a sheet of vellum, you've created something that's not overwhelming. It's balanced perfectly! Thanks for joining our gallery at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bold and bright use of the colours. I like the way you've used the vellum to quieten down an area to showcase the sentiment. Lovely design! Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Amanda! You've really picked up the vibe from the photo as well. Thanks for joining us at As You See It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this Amanda! These colours definitely suit a bold background and the vellum accentuates your diecut flowers perfectly. Gorgeous - I'm sure Kimberley loved it too! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Amanda. You have been chosen as Featured Artist for this Challenge by As You See It Challenges and as such, will be invited to be our Guest Designer for one challenge in a couple of weeks. Be on the look out for an email I will send to your entry email later today with all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda. this is so lovely! I love when people pair up bold images and colors! I bet your downline was honored to receive this stunner! Thank you for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!