Friday, January 5, 2024

Thinking of You in Blues - Stampin' Up! Painted Lavendar

   The first card I make with the new Painted Lavender bundle and it isn't even in purples!  I know there will be tons of samples using all the purples so I guess I wanted to see how the images worked with other colors too.  Blues are kind of non-traditional for flowers but I think it works.  My colors are from the Color Hues challenge which is to use Navy and Light Blue.  I translated those into Stampin' Up! Night of Navy and Balmy Blue.


  I didn't have much in the way of Night of Navy or Balmy Blue designer series papers so I used a piece of white Textured Shimmer paper along the fold of the Basic White thick card base for a subtle shine and texture.

  I played around with some of the different stamps and dies and came up with this combo that filled the space of the card front well.  I used Night of Navy for the stems and Balmy Blue for the flowers.

  To fill out the bouquet a little bit more I die cut some leaves out of Night of Navy Soft Shimmer paper and snipped the larger stem apart and added the pieces behind the flower.

  The sentiment is made with the Thoughtful Moments hybrid embossing folder.  I used Night of Navy ink and Balmy Blue card stock.  The embossed sentiment adds a nice detail to the card without being overly fussy.

  Final touches are the white bow and a few retired faceted gems.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Painted Lavender

Ink: Night of Navy, Balmy Blue

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Textured Shimmer paper, Soft Shimmer paper, Balmy Blue

Accessories: Painted Lavender dies, Thoughtful Moments hybrid embossing folder/die, dimensionals, white crinkled seam binding ribbon, faceted gems (retired)



3 comments:

  1. Amanda, Everything about this card just blends so nicely and is so well balanced! I especially love the sentiment in blue. Thanks for playing at Color Hues and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, I love seeing your cards in the gallery at Color Hues, and this one is a beauty! I love how the navy leaves accent the florals and the shimmer is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely composition showing off our challenge colors in a beautiful way! Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!