Have I got a card for you if you're the kind of paper crafter that has a hard time tossing small scraps! Using just 1 inch squares of DSP and a coordinating cardstock you can create this lovely panel to be used for a background for other elements or use it as the focal along with a sentiment! A stamping friend showed me a panel she had made and I of course took a photo so that I could give it go myself.
After searching around for the name of this technique I came up with Shadow Blocking but it may go by other names. I thought it was perfect for the Scenic Coast DSP. I had some scraps left from another project that worked perfectly for the 12 1 inch squares. The background is a piece of Scenic Coast DSP on the B side for a water look. The lighter color works well to contrast with the Secret Sea cardstock which creates the shadow effect.
Once I cut the paper I adhered the squares together leaving the edge of the Secret Sea peeking out, then arranged them on the card base to figure out the alignment and spacing before committing to glue.
Using the colors in the DSP I stamped a water scene using the Sunset Coast stamp set on a Basic White Spotlight on Nature circle die cut. I popped the circle on dimensionals and then added 2 clouds. The birthday sentiment is from the Balloon Festoon stamp set.
The sun is colored over with clear Wink of Stella and a few Sunset Sparkle sequins add a bit more shine in the lower righthand corner for a finishing touch.
I hope you give this look a try, it's really easy and you'll be proud of yourself for using up some of those scraps you've been hoarding!
Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?
All the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.
Stamps: Sunset Coast, Balloon Festoon
Ink: Secret Sea, Blueberry Bushel, Balmy Blue, Timid Tiger, Strawberry Slush
Paper: Secret Sea, Basic White, Scenic Coast DSP
Accessories: Spotlight on Nature dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Sunset Sparkle sequins
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment!