Sunday, August 16, 2026

Autumn Birthday Cut Out - Stampin' Up! Elegant Leaves

     My card today is completely CASEd (copy and selectively edit) from one of the samples shown in the free online class you get when you buy the Stampin' Up!® Hot Foil system.  I've only had to the time to watch part of the class and there are a lot of great tips and trick so far.  And this great layout that I adapted to use with the upcoming Elegant Leaves bundle.


  I started with a Basic White thick card base, then die cut the shape for the 'happy birthday' using the Classic Greeting Hot Foil dies which have the hot foil plates as well as the regular die that cuts around the greeting.  I used the fabulous Natural Hues Specialty paper which is perfect for fall inspired cards.  I love the hand-made paper feel of it.  Get it before it's gone; it's on the Last Chance list for only $6!  You get 3 12x12 sheets, one each of Cream, Tan and Gold.

  Next I hot foiled the birthday greeting on a piece of Basic White that was smaller than the Natural Hues Specialty paper and then lined up the die cut opening and the foiled panel.  The specialty paper is popped on dimensionals to really bring attention to the greeting.


  Next I stamped the leaves from the upcoming new bundle Elegant Leaves.  I used Timid Tiger, Pool Party and Golden Glow for the first layer of the stamping as well as the overlay veining stamp.  The leaves are die cut then arranged around the sentiment.


I added a few Pool Party faceted gems and a length of jute twine which is another new upcoming product.

I'm really liking how the hot foiling is adding another great detail to my cards.  I've found the metallics to  complement the stamping and other techniques I've already been using and it's been fun to discover a new tool!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE. Items marked with a * will be available on September 1, 2026 with the release of the Stampin' Up!® Sept.-Dec. 2026 catalog.

Stamps: Elegant Leaves*

Ink: Timid Tiger, Pool Party, Golden Glow

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Cream Natural Hues Specialty paper

Hot Foil: Classic Greeting hot foil dies, gold foil

Accessories: Elegant Leaves dies*, dimensionals, Neutrals Jute*, Opaque Faceted Gems (retired)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!