Friday, August 2, 2024

Thoughtful Birthday - Stampin' Up! Simply Said

   I've started a little stamping challenge on my customer Facebook group to get people sharing more projects and to just give them inspiration for their stamping.  Every other week I'm going to alternate between a layout and a color combination and hopefully we are all inspired to create by the challenge and seeing what others have shared!  I posted the first challenge yesterday and was able to play along today with this card.


  The challenge layout is one of the ones that Stampin' Up! has shared on page 22 of the Annual Catalog and it is just begging to have DSP used for the 3 large strips.  I obliged and pulled out a piece of the Thoughtful Journey DSP - which will be on sale starting August 6 if you haven't gotten a pack yet!!! - and used that as my starting point.

  The card base is Pool Party, then a layer of Basic White.  The DSP panels are added with a Pool Party banner separating the first and second panels.

  I used the Stylish Shapes circles to cut one in Cajun Craze.  I used the Textured Floral dies to cut the 2 leafy branches; one in Wild Wheat and one in Basic White.  

  The sentiment is stamped from Simply Said is stamped in Pool Party on a scrap of Basic White.  I then dug through my ribbon scraps and found a bit of burlap twine and added that to the back of the sentiment and then popped it up on dimensionals.  A few retired Fine Sparkle gems are the final touch.

  Hopefully this card and layout have inspired you to make a card!

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE. Remember the Thoughtful Journey DSP is on sale from August 6-31, 2024.

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Simply Said

Ink: Pool Party

Paper: Thoughtful Journey DSP, Basic White, Pool Party, Cajun Craze, Wild Wheat

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Textured Floral dies, dimensionals, burlap twine, fine sparkle gems (retired)

Layout from Stampin' Up! 2024-2025 Annual Catalog page 22


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!