Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Back to School Hug - Stampin' Up! Choose Happy

   We dropped off my older son at college last weekend for his freshman year so now I need to have some cards ready to go in the mail for him.  I told him he will need to check his mailbox fairly regularly as I know his grandparents will be sending him fun mail also.  I'm using the Paper Players Clean and Simple Fruit challenge as well as the Back to School theme at TGIF Challenges for my card.


  Since this is a clean and simple (CAS) challenge there isn't too much to talk about design-wise.  The card base is Pool Party.  And I made my own sheet of notebook paper with a bit of Basic White and the light Pool Party and light Calypso Coral Blends markers.  I used a ruler to help keep my lines even and spaced and then I used my little hole punch that I have for punching paper for my planner.  I know notebook paper only has 3 holes but I didn't want to try with a handheld punch and goof it up.

  The sweet little apples are from the Choose Happy stamp set and I colored them in with more Blends markers and then fussy cut them.  They are popped on the notebook paper with dimensionals.

  And finally the sentiment from Hearts & Hugs is stamped in Memento Black ink. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Choose Happy, Hearts & Hugs

Ink: Memento black

Blends: Pool party light, Calypso Coral light, Real Red light & dark, Daffodil Delight light and dark, Granny Apple Green light & dark, Pecan pie light & dark, Mossy Meadow light & dark

Paper: Pool Party, Basic White

Accessories: dimensionals, hole punch




4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Cute as can be, CAS and fruity too! Such a simple design but the little details you added make it a stand-out! A+! So glad you shared it with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is fabulous! I love teacher cards and what a fun way to feature the apples! CAS Perfection! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great CAS design Amanda! I am taking "note" of your design for creating notebook paper, it is so clever, and the apples are equally fabulous. I hope your son is successful in his freshman year and appreciates cards from Mom every now and then. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Amanda! This is clean and simple perfection! I know your son will truly appreciate all of the cards you send him. When my son was in college, I would send him cards. Imagine my surprise when, after he graduated and left home and I was repurposing his room, I found every single card I had ever sent him in a box in his closet. Sons are the best! Here is to an amazing Freshman you for both of you! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!