Saturday, August 17, 2024

Moose-y Christmas - Stampin' Up! Christmas Friends

   I'm back today with another project made with Sept.-Dec. 2024 Mini catalog products!  This moose was the perfect choice to use to play along with the Color Throwdown Challenge this week which is to use yellow, brown and green.  Could this guy get any cuter?  


  If you're a regular follower of my blog you know I can't resist the cute animal stamp sets and the Christmas Friends bundle in the Holiday mini catalog is no exception!  With 4 adorable animals and some punny sentiments I know I will be reaching for it a lot as I design my Christmas cards this year.

  I started with a classic color for Christmas, Garden Green, as my card base and then added a panel of the new Reindeer Days DSP in a small evergreen tree pattern.  Next I embossed a panel of Crushed Curry with the also new Forever Plaid embossing folder.

  I stamped the moose and 2 trees and then colored them in with Blends.  Once they were colored and cut out I added them to a die cut circle with the moose popped on dimensionals and add then whole thing to the card front.

  While I like the sentiments that come in the Christmas Friends set I felt that the layout needed something long and skinny so I used another upcoming new set, Peaceful Season, and stamped it in Versamark onto Garden Green and embossed it in white.  I tucked this narrow strip right under the moose's ice skates to give a bit of "ground" to walk on.

  To finish this one off I added some new embellishments, Earth Tones Shimmer Gems.  

I am so excited for you all to get to order from the new Holiday mini catalog.  September 4th seems like a long wait but it will be here before you know it!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  All of the current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Item's marked with an * will be available beginning September 4, 2024.

 Stamps: Christmas Friends*, Peaceful Season*

Ink: Pecan Pie, Versamark, Garden Green

Blends: Pecan Pie light & dark, Ivory, Daffodil Delight dark, Granny Apple Green dark

Paper: Garden Green, Basic White, Crushed Curry, Reindeer Days DSP*

Accessories: Christmas Friends dies*, Forever Plaid embossing folder*, Stylish Shapes circle dies, dimensionals, white embossing powder, Earth Tones Shimmer Gems*



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!