Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Masculine Leaves - Stampin' Up! Layering Leaves

   I've fallen off track with trying to post a masculine card each Tuesday and calling it Testosterone Tuesday but it's not too late for today.  Hopefully these colors or layout will inspire you when you need to make a guy card and just don't know where to start!

  I used the new Layering Leaves stamp set which is a great mix of sentiment stamps and some leaf/branch images that coordinate with the Bough punch.  I loved the font on the sentiments and you can't go wrong with some elegant and classic leaves.


  I decided to put some of the new/returning colors together for a nice masculine look.  The card base is Early Espresso.  The next layer is a piece of Very Vanilla cut with the Countryside Corners dies and then embossed with the Twisted Rope embossing folder.

  I then used a piece of Very Vanilla to create a base for my the color blocks.  I stamped each one with the same color ink and then adhered the strip to the base and then die cut the panel with the next smallest Countryside corner die.

  Each color was then used with the open leaf branch stamp and stamped in Versamark then embossed in gold.  I punched them out with the Bough punch then tucked them behind the sentiment circle.  Swap out the sentiment for birthday or thank you or whatever you might need. The circle is popped on dimensionals as is the the whole shaped panel. The Father's Day sentiment is in the Gone Fishing stamp set.

  For embellishments I used some linen thread tied with a bit of retired Misty Moonlight twill ribbon and added it with a glue dot.  A few gold sequins tie in with the gold embossing.

  My father in law is a nature lover so I hope he liked this card!

  All the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Layering Leaves, Gone Fishing

Ink: Lost Lagoon, Misty Moonlight, Pecan Pie, Early Espresso, Versamark

Paper: Very Vanilla, Lost Lagoon, Misty Moonlight, Pecan Pie, Early Espresso

Accessories: Countryside Corners dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Bough punch, gold embossing powder, Twisted Rope embossing folder, gold sequins, linen thread, dimensionals, twill ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!