Monday, June 12, 2023

Bird Thank You - Stampin' Up! Bird's Eye View

   I finally got some ink on one of my favorite "at first glance" stamp sets from the 2023-2024 Annual catalog; Bird's Eye View.  I was immediately drawn to the sweet little birds and the glasses as accessories.  I'm one of those backyard birder people and enjoy watching all the activity at my nest boxes, bird baths and feeders so this set was a must have for me.  

  I used the TGIF Challenge layout this time as I thought the skinny strip would be a perfect tree limb upon which to perch a bird!


  Look at that little darling!  I started this one with an Orchid Oasis card base, then a layer pf Pool Party topped with Basic White embossed with the Twisted Rope embossing folder.

  The tree branch is stamped in Pecan Pie ink and then colored in with the same color Blends marker.  The leaves were stamped 3 times in Granny Apple Green and colored in with the same Blends.  Then I fussy cut them all and added them to the card front.

  The bird is stamped in Memento Black and the glasses in Starry Sky.  The bird is colored with Calypso Coral and Petal Pink Blends and then fussy cut and popped on dimensionals.

  The sentiment is from the Timeless Arrangements stamp set and is stamped in Starry Sky and then cut apart to fit the corner space better.  And a few retired In Color candy dots accessorize around the sentiment.

  I know I'll be reaching for this set a lot in the coming months because I can't resist an adorable bird.  Just think of all the color combo possibilities!  

  All current product used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bird's Eye View, Timeless Arrangements

Ink: Pecan Pie, Granny Apple Green, Memento Black, Starry Sky

Blends: Pecan Pie light, Granny Apple Green light, Calypso Coral light & dark, Petal Pink dark, Daffodil Delight dark (beak)

Paper: Orchid Oasis, Pool Party, Basic White

Accessories: Twisted Rope embossing folder, dimensionals, In Color Candy Dots (retired)



1 comment:

  1. You did a great job coloring in the bird. The blue background really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!