Friday, June 9, 2023

Congrats Class of 2023 - Stampin' Up! Beautiful Balloons

   It was the last day of school for my kids today!  It seems like it all went quickly looking back on the year but it seemed to go so slow while were were in the middle of it!  How does that work right???  While we don't have a graduate ourselves this year we have celebrated with other families on their child's achievement.  I made this card in the school colors for a recent Class of 2023 grad.

  You can't go wrong with the school colors and some sparkle!


   Looking at this card now I think I need to dig through my bin of retired supplies and pull out my Bermuda Bay ink pad because I'm going to need this color for more graduation cards in the coming years!

  I started with a black card base, then a layer of Basic White.  I used the Patchwork Pieces die to cut 2 sets of panels to mix and match the background.  I used some retired Black Shimmer paper and some retired Bubbles & Fizz DSP in a fun star pattern.  Fun fact: the Bubbles & Fizz DSP was a Sale-a-Bration reward in 2018!  Who else has some of this paper stashed away??  The stars seemed like a perfect theme to use on a card like this.

  Once I had my panels lined up and adhered I stamped a large balloon from the Beautiful Balloons stamp set and die cut it.  It's popped on dimensionals with a baker's twine bow.  See the little stars on the balloon that tie in with the stars on the DSP??  It was meant to be!

  Using some scraps of the glimmer paper, the Alphabet a la Mode dies and foam adhesive sheets I cut a '23' to pop up on the balloon.  A banner with the sentiment is added to the bottom of the twine.  Some adhesive gems are used to bling out the tag as well as the apostrophe on the class year.

  You can purchase current merchandise used to make this card to in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Beautiful Balloons

Ink: Memento Black, Bermuda Bay (retired)

Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, Black Shimmer paper (retired), Bubbles & Fizz DSP (SAB-retired)

Accessories: Patchwork Pieces dies, Beautiful Balloons dies, Alphabet a la Mode dies, dimensionals, baker's twine, adhesive gems (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!