Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Uh-Oh Turtle Get Well - Stampin' Up! Back On Your Feet

   So does anyone need a "sorry you slipped on ice and hurt yourself" card?  With the widespread ice storm this past weekend chances are you know someone who took a digger and needs a pick me up!  I've got the card for you lol!  

  I used the Global Design Project challenge with the theme of animals and I paired it up with the sketch from TGIF Challenges.  

  I started by going through my DSP to find one that had complimentary colors for a turtle and that were also maybe a bit on the masculine side as when I looked through my get well card stash there was an overwhelming amount of flowers so I wanted something a bit different.  I thought this watercolor splotch pattern in the Ice Cream Corner DSP had a nice feel to it and with the Old Olive it was a nice match for turtle colors.  I mounted the DSP onto a Bermuda Bay base.

  The turtle is stamped in Memento black and then colored with Blends (colors listed below).  I fussy cut him and then popped him up on a Whisper White panel that was embossed with Hammered Metal embossing folder.  I also jazzed this panel up with some silver brads in the corners!  Remember back in the day you couldn't make a card without at least one brad on it somewhere!  I still have some lying around and I thought they might be nice here.  I also used a narrow length of retired Old Olive ribbon to kind of ground the turtle so it didn't look like he was floating.

  The sentiment is from Many Messages and is stamped in Memento Black and then die cut with the Tasteful Label dies.

  On the inside I stamped the 'I hope things get better soon' stamp from the Back on Your Feet set.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Back on Your Feet, Many Messages

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Old Olive light & dark, Soft Sea Foam light & dark, Bermuda Bay light

Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Ice Cream Corner DSP

Accessories: Tasteful Label dies, Hammered Metal embossing folder, dimensionals, silver brads (retired), Old Olive ribbon (retired) 





2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Hopefully no one will take a fall, though! I love your choice of colors..I haven't used that DSP yet but it looks fun and versatile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!