Thursday, February 11, 2021

Celebrate with Ice Cream - Stampin' Up! Sweet Ice Cream

   I think I've finally caught up with my birthday cards and have re-stocked my stash so that I'm not scrambling to get a card made and in the mailbox just before the mailman gets to our street.  I used the Global Design Project sketch challenge for this 'sweet' birthday card.

  The Ice Cream Corner DSP was the start of this card. I wanted some fun prints for the narrow strips across the card front so I pulled out that pack and cut a few 1/2 inch strips for that element.  Once I had the DSP I decided to keep the base on the lighter side by using Soft Sea Foam.  The Whisper White panel that the strips are attached to has been embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.

  The open circle is also Soft Sea Foam cut with the Stitched Shapes dies.  The ice cream cone is stamped with Purple Posy, Blackberry Bliss sprinkles and Cinnamon Cider for the cone.  I punched the pieces out and then popped it to the side with dimensionals.

   The sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays is stamped in Old Olive ink on a piece of Soft Sea Foam.  I wanted to added a bit of ribbon but everything I had in colors that would work with the card were way to wide for the little banner.  To solve the problem I ended up trimming a narrow bit off of the Blackberry Bliss sheer striped ribbon.  I used about half the full width and then knotted it and attached it with a glue dot.  A few Ice Cream Corner sprinkles are glued to opposite corners to complete the card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sweet Ice Cream, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Purple Posy (retired), Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive, Cinnamon Cider

Paper: Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White, Ice Cream Corner DSP

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Stitched Shapes dies, Ice Cream Builder punch, dimensionals, Blackberry Bliss striped ribbon, Ice Cream Corner sprinkles





1 comment:

  1. Fun design that displays all of these fun prints. I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to beat the mailman. Even if I have my cards made ahead of time (which is normal), I still struggle getting them mailed out in time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!