Monday, February 3, 2020

Rainbow Hearts- Stampin' Up! Detailed Hearts Die

  I'm off to a slow start this morning.  Am I the only one who thinks the Super Bowl would be even better if it was on a Saturday afternoon?  Have a party, clean up and go to bed at a decent time??  Crazy talk huh?  We had no skin in the game but enjoyed hosting a party with friends but this morning the motivation to tackle my to do list is lacking a bit!

  I will get this card shared though because I'm on the clock with sharing Valentine's day cards as the days tick by.

  This was a fun card that I designed when I was playing around with ideas for projects for my last class.  I was inspired by one challenge or another that had a rainbow theme.  I liked the look of this but having 25 people use the same Blends was not really feasible.  I ended up with a variation of this card that I will share later this week.


  I just used my Blends and colored stripes across a piece of Whisper White thick.  I think the sturdier thick cardstock makes for a less stressful removal of the die cut from the die.  The Detailed Hearts die is just a cool die.  I like how the hearts that get cut out are all a decent size to be used in other projects or to add into the open spaces on the cut out. 

  I used some dimensionals behind the solid hearts to adhere it to the Whisper White thick card base. While my sentiment is from Itty Bitty Birthdays this one can easily just be changed out for any kind of card.  A crinkled seam binding bow is added to the punched heart for an easy detail.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather

Paper: Whisper White thick, Poppy Parade

Accessories: Detailed Hearts die, Heart Punch pack, dimensionals, crinkled seam binding ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!