Friday, January 31, 2020

Ray of Blooms - Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Blooms - Fab Friday 182

  We are back at Fab Friday Challenge with a color combo this time around. These are lovely colors together and might brighten up a dreary winter day.  I wanted to do something cheerful so I combined some Sale-a-Bration items with my favorite new embossing folder!



  At first I thought that Merry Merlot would be the odd man out in this color combination but I really love how the darker red works with the others from the Brights Collection.

  I used last weeks CAS(e) This Sketch layout for the design as it was so different from my usual squares/rectangles/circles that I wanted to give it a shot. 


  The card base is Coastal Cabana with another layer of Coastal Cabana embossed with the Subtle embossing folder. 

  I have to confess that the diagonal element had me scratching my head until I just decided to wing it and not try to make it perfectly even on each side.  Less thinking more stamping was my motto right then!  I embossed a 6x6ish square of Very Vanilla with my new favorite embossing folder Parisian Flourish.  I love the swirls and the little flowers.   I lined the embossed piece across my card and simply used my paper snips to cut off the overhang.

  The Thoughtful Blooms Sale-a-Bration stamp set and the matching Small Bloom punch are a sweet little pair of products.  If you're hesitant about smaller flower (or any smaller image) sets because there doesn't seem to be a focal image don't forget that clustering smaller images together gives them a greater impact.  And they also make great backgrounds to show off a more bold sentiment.

  I stamped my flowers in the challenge colors, punched them out and then clustered them in three's on the sides of the diagonal piece.  I alternated which color was on top of the cluster and popped that one with a dimensional. 

  I anchored the sentiment from Varied Vases with two more punched flowers. 

  I hope you'll be inspired to try out these colors on your own project!  For more inspiration check out the Fabulous Fab Friday design team samples!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Thoughtful Blooms, Varied Vases

Ink: Bermuda Bay, Merry Merlot, Melon Mambo

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Small Bloom punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card. Love the flowers and design of your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!