Friday, February 28, 2020

Soft Honey Bees - Stampin' Up! Honey Bee - Fab Friday 184

We're rolling into the weekend the right way.  With stamping of course!  Fab Friday Stampin' Challenge is back with a color combo this time!  We've got a nice soft palette for you this time.



  Aren't these so pretty together?  Think spring!  I went with the Honey Bee bundle to create my design team card.  I liked using some of the smaller elements of the die set to pull this one together!


  I was not only creating a card for Fab Friday I needed it to play double duty as one of my monthly class cards.  I hadn't used the Honey Bee bundle in class since early January so I wanted to show it off a bit different than the standard yellow and black.  I thought the challenge colors work well for a spring like card.

  I also pulled in the Breathtaking Bouquet background to stamp the Pretty Peacock layer.  You can't have bees without flowers right?  Once I had the back ground stamped I cut out the hive shape and then used the honeycomb die to cut a stencil and sponged the honeycomb pattern onto the Mint Macaron layer so it would show through the hive shape.

  The flowers are stamped in Mint Macaron, colored in with the Rococo Rose marker.  The bee is gold foil and the sentiment is stamped in Pretty Peacock ink onto Petal Pink.  The sentiment shape is in the Stitched So Sweetly die set and is the perfect size for smaller sentiments. All of these are layered over a length of Rococo Rose scalloped linen ribbon.

  The final embellishments are a Petal Pink sequin and a Rococo Rose faceted gem.

  I hope you'll find our challenge colors inspiring as well as the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team samples.  I look forward to seeing your creation shared in the gallery.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Honey Bee, Breathtaking Bouquet

Ink: Pretty Peacock, Mint Macaron

Marker: Rococo Rose

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron, Pretty Peacock, Gold foil, Petal Pink

Accessories: Detailed Bees die, Stitched So Sweetly dies, dimensionals, Scalloped Linen ribbon, faceted gem, sequin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!