Thursday, March 4, 2021

Toadstool Hello - Stampin' Up! Snailed It!

   Just a quick post today to share the card I made yesterday afternoon for the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge.  The colors aren't ones I would have put together on my own but I think they look great and after a bit of dithering around I went with the toadstools (or are they mushrooms?  What's the difference??) from the Snailed It set.  Since it is a clean and simple challenge I kept the card front pretty open and embellishments to a minimum.


  This layout is always a great one to use with smaller images.  Fill the bottom of the card front with some DSP (or a stamped panel) and then mount the image on a few layers just above the top of the DSP.

  I started with a Whisper White thick base and then added the green plaid from the SAB Berry Delightful DSP.  Now that the weather is warming a bit I feel that I'll be reaching for this pack more than I did during Sale-a-Bration. 

  The narrow piece of Terracotta Tile cardstock is stamped with the hello from Snailed It.  The postage stamp shape die was used to cut a piece of Calypso Coral for the image base.  The Terracotta Tile and Calypso Coral are very close in terms of color with the CC being brighter but they seem to photograph as almost the same. Next is a square of Whisper White with the Stitched With Whimsy die detail.

  The toadstools are stamped in Memento black and then colored with Stampin' Blends.  We don't have  Terracotta Tile Blends so I substituted Cajun Craze light which works in my opinion. The spots on the largest toadstool are also colored with clear Wink of Stella.  After it was colored I cut it out and popped it with dimensionals.  And then the whole stack is popped on dimensionals on the card front.

  Final detail is the Calypso Coral baker's twine bow for a little added sweetness.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snailed It

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Calypso Coral light & dark, Granny Apple Green light & dark, Cajun Craze light, Crumb Cake light

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Terracotta Tile, Berry Delightful DSP (retired)

Accessories: Stitched With Whimsy dies, Snail dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, dimensionals, Calypso Coral baker's twine (retired)



 

4 comments:

  1. You are correct this is a great layout to use for smaller images. Truly an eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda this is just lovely! These colours are perfect for toadstools and I love the green check DSP which compliments your square detail beautifully. Thanks for playing along over at CAS colours and Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well isn't this darling? I love the snail. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The interpretation of these colors to these cute mushrooms are really stunning, Great job, Amanda. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!