Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Lots of Christmas Layers - Stampin' Up! Festive Post

   Today's card took a lot of time to put together even though there isn't any stamping except for the teeny tiny sentiment.  I just kept changing and trying out different elements for each of the many layers until I got them all just so.


  The many layered design is compliments of the Paper Players challenge this week. The sketch has all of these layers and I made myself stick with with them all.  And I can't believe that I only have the sentiment stamped.

  The base layer is a piece of Wonder of the Season Specialty DSP in the red foil pattern.  Then I embossed a piece of vellum with the Winter Snow embossing folder.

  From there I used a piece of Green foil topped with strip of 'Tis the Season DSP in a fun green plaid.  For the flag I used yet another DSP; Heartwarming Hugs DSP in a Real Red pattern.

  The label is cut with the Tasteful Labels dies in Whisper White and then I used more of the green foil to cut the little sprigs.  The sprigs are cut with the Forever Flourishing dies and then I layered them with mini dimensionals to form the wreath.  Real Red rhinestones are added around and then a Real Red baker's twine bow at the top.

  And finally what you've been waiting for...the stamping.  I used the Festive Post stamp set and stamped it in Memento black and it's popped on a dimensional.

  So you definitely get a good look at a lot of the Christmas papers that are in the Aug.-Dec. mini.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Festive Post

Ink: Memento Black

Paper: Wonder of the Season Specialty DSP, vellum, Green Foil, 'Tis the Season DSP, Heartwarming Hugs DSP,  Whisper White

Accessories: Winter Snow embossing folder, Tasteful Labels dies, Forever Flourishing dies, Real Red rhinstones, Real Red baker's twine (retired), dimensionals




3 comments:

  1. So cute, Amanda! I am still trying to figure out how to use that DSP....mostly I just want to look at it (and hoard it) cuz I love the vintage feel to it! Your foil wreath works perfectly with it too! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I love your mix of patterns and the vintage feel to your card. Such a gorgeous Xmas card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Amanda! Like LeAnne, I have yet to break into my stash of that DSP - more because the vintage patterns scare me just a little lol! Love the fresh, bright feel of this card which feels very clean and uncluttered even with all those layers. Thanks for making a great card with my Paper Players challenge sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!