Friday, September 11, 2020

Chalkboard Thanks - Stampin' Up! Ornate Thanks - Fab Friday 197

  Well we've made it to Friday after a short first week of back to school.  So far so good but it's nice that we have the weekend to gear back up for 5 whole days next week!  I hope you'll have time to stamp over the weekend and play along with us at Fab Friday Challenge with this fun sketch challenge.


   My thank you card stash is still a bit low so I used that as my starting point when designing my card.  Remember the chalkboard technique from a few years ago?  It's basically stamping in white craft ink and then lightly sponging more craft ink for the dusty look.  Or as I did it on my card I stamped and embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder and then swiped the craft ink.  I didn't trust myself to put the card together and not smudge the whole thing if I used just craft ink!  I'm messy like that!


  I started with a Balmy Blue card base, then another layer of Balmy Blue embossed with the Dainty Diamonds embossing folder.

  For the chalkboard frame I used a piece of In Good Taste and cut it out with Stitched Rectangle dies.  the board part is Basic Black with the stamping and sponging. The whole panel is popped on dimensionals.

  The decorations are made with the Arrange a Wreath stamps and coordinating Wreath Builder dies.  They work pretty well as sunflowers right?  I used Bumblebee, Garden Green and Early Espresso for the colors.

  Once I had the little banner stamped and trimmed I arranged the flowers around it and popped them on dimensionals.

  Check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team for more inspiration for this versatile sketch!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Ornate Thanks

Ink: Versamark, Memento black, Garden Green, Early Espresso, White craft

Paper: Balmy Blue, Basic Black, In Good Taste DSP, Bumblebee, Garden Green, Early Espresso, Whisper White

Accessories: Dainty Diamonds embossing folder, Stitched Rectangle dies, Wreath Builder dies, white embossing powder, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!