Friday, September 4, 2020

Back to School - Stampin' Up! Well Said

   Our very, very, very long break from school is winding down here as the boys start school on Tuesday.  It's all virtual so they aren't really going any where but they still need to get up and be ready to learn first thing for a full school day.  It might be a rough morning here...wish us luck.

  I made this back to school card to give to my boys as a little bit of encouragement as they start this crazy new school year.  It was fun to do a bit of "die art" to create this big pencil.

  I started with a Whisper White thick card base topped with a lovely plaid paper from the Plaid Tidings 6x6 DSP. 

  The next layer is a hand made piece of notebook paper.  I used my dark Pool Party and light Cajun Craze Blends markers and a ruler to make the lines.  I was pleased with how well it came out.  I used my Stampin' Up! grid paper as a guide for the line spacing so that was helpful in keeping even spacing as well as straight lines.

  The tip of the pencil is a tiny Stitched Triangle in Basic Black and the the 'wood' part is a larger Stitched Triangle in Crumb Cake.  The barrel of the pencil is cut with one of the Stitched Rectangle dies in Bumblebee.  I used my Simply Scored to add some score lines down the barrel to mimic the ridges of a real pencil.  The eraser is just a square of Blushing Bride and I hand trimmed the corners to make them slightly rounded. The metallic band is just a hand trimmed scrap of the retired Galvanized Metal paper.  I think any metallic could be substituted easily though if you wanted to recreate this one.

  Once I had my pencil popped up on dimensionals on the notebook paper I added a quick sentiment from Well Said in Pretty Peacock.  I wanted a 'good luck' sentiment but believe it or not I didn't have anything like that in all my sets, even the retired ones.  The virtual school start will certainly be an adventure so I guess it's fitting!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Well Said

Ink: Pretty Peacock

Blends: Pool Party dark, Cajun Craze light

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Plaid Tidings DSP, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Bumblebee, Blushing Bride, Galvanized Metal (retired)

Accessories: Stitched Triangle dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!