Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Retro Gold & Aqua - Stampin' Up! Varied Vases

   Here's another card from the vault from a few weeks back.  It was for one challenge or another and I didn't get it shared in time.  I think it came out with kind of a cool retro vibe.


  Check out all that golden glitz!  I started with a Coastal Cabana card base. Then a layer of gold foil topped with a piece of Whisper White embossed with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.  I sponged Versamark over the top of the embossing for a bit of randomness and then heat embossed with gold powder. 

  A layer of torn and crinkled Smoky Slate cardstock is the anchor for the the rest of the elements that make up the focal point.  I dug around in my scrap ribbon and came up with 3 different ribbons to go with the color combination.  I layered those on the Smoky Slate cardstock.

   I embossed the flower and vase in gold on Whisper White then cut it out with one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  I used the light Bermuda Bay Blends marker to color the blossoms.  The label is then popped on dimensionals.

  The sentiment is stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold on Bermuda Bay cardstock.  It is also cut out with another Stitched So Sweetly die and popped on mini dimensionals.

    I'm trying out a new Blogger interface for this post so if things seem wonky it's because I couldn't figure out how to do some stuff that is normally very easy.  I'm not big on change but I thought I would give it a go so we'll see how that works out lol!  If you see anything on your end that's a problem please let me know so I can figure it out!

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Varied Vases

Ink: Versamark

Blends: Bermuda Bay light

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Gold foil, Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay

Accessories: gold embossing powder, Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Stitched So Sweetly dies, dimensionals, assorted ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!