Friday, May 15, 2020

First Look at Ferns - Stampin' Up! Forever Fern

 It's always a good day when new stamping supplies arrive in the mail and you have time to actually play with them!  I received my 2020-2021 Annual catalog preorder on Wednesday.  I was able unpacked it,  put the labels on the stamps, pet the new DSP and sniff the new rubber; you know all the normal things everyone does when they receive a box full of brand new items!  Or maybe it's just me!

  Anyway I was able to sit and play with a few of the new products yesterday to make a masculine birthday card.  The Forever Fern is a new set with gorgeous leaf images and has a coordinating die set called Forever Flourishing dies which in addition to cutting out the stamped images also has a lot of dies for additional leaf shapes.  I know I will get a lot of use out this bundle for all seasons.

 For my layout I played along with the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge as it seemed like the perfect design for all my little leaf images.


  I started with a Whisper White thick card base then topped it with a panel of the new In Good Taste DSP.  The pack has 24 sheets of fantastic photographic images of textures and patterns.  I'm always a sucker for wood patterns but this pack has so much more to love than just wood.  And with 24 sheets I don't have to be stingy with cutting into it!

  I got busy stamping and die cutting different leaves.  I pulled my colors from the coordinating pack of DSP Forever Greenery.  Do you see an unfamiliar color?  If you do good eye!  It's called Just Jade and is one of the new In Colors this year.  I used it for some of the smallest leaf sprigs as well as the largest label.

  The labels are cut with the new Tasteful Label dies which is a nice mix of new shapes.  I stamped the sentiment with the new set Many Mates in Pretty Peacock then I colored in the open letters with Pretty Peacock Blends in a gradient color scheme.

  I arranged all the die cuts and added a bit of linen trim for texture then popped the label up on dimensionals.   I really like the images and the colors and know I'll be getting a lot of stamping in with them in the coming weeks!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Forever Fern, Many Mates

Ink: Pretty Peacock, Pear Pizzazz

Blends: Pretty Peacock light & dark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Just Jade, Pretty Peacock, In Good Taste DSP

Accessories: Forever Flourishing dies, Tasteful Label dies, linen trim, dimensionals


1 comment:

  1. Lovely, I admire anyone who can do stamping well, I have tried but have had no real success. This beautiful card makes me want to have another go! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!