Friday, May 8, 2020

Breathtaking Rainbow - Stampin' Up! Breathtaking Bouquet - Fab Friday 189

  Happy Friday!  It seems like the 2 weeks since our last Fab Friday Challenge have flown by.  We're back at it again with a fun sketch this time.  A nice big center panel offer a lot of possibilities!

 

  The Breathtaking Bouquet background stamp in the Mini Catalog is so pretty and I'm disappointed I didn't get to share it more with my stampers in classes.  Now that it's spring it was the perfect stamp to use for all kinds of seasonal cards.  It's retiring at the end of this catalog period so if you overlooked it up until now I urge you to take another look before it's too late.

  I followed our sketch exactly and wanted to use the big panel to show off the stamp so I embossed it in white onto watercolor paper and then did a rainbow watercolor wash effect down the whole panel.  I spritzed some water onto the watercolor paper and let it soak in a bit then blotted it up with a paper towel.  I pressed clear blocks onto my ink pads to pick up the colors I wanted to use then brushed them onto my paper with an Aquapainter.  The order of colors is Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana and Highland Heather.  Once the watercolor panel was dry I backed it with a piece of Basic Black and popped it up on a Whisper White card base.

  The sentiment from Tropical Chic is embossed in white onto Basic Black cardstock, flagged and popped up with dimensionals over a length of crinkled seam binding ribbon.  A crinkled seam binding fork bow finishes off the edge of the sentiment.

  Check out the great inspiration from the rest of the Fab Friday team and play along with us!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Breathtaking Bouquet, Tropical Chic

Ink: Versamark, Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather

Paper: Whisper White thick, Basic Black, watercolor paper

Accessories: white embossing powder, crinkled seam binding ribbon, dimensional, glue dot
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!