Friday, May 1, 2020

Bluebird Thank You - Stampin' Up! Free As A Bird

  It's no secret among my local stampers that I like bluebirds.  In the spring we have a nest box with a camera in it to see bluebird pairs making their nest and raising their babies.  One of the rooms in my house that I use for classes has the camera feed on the TV and I turn it on during classes for all to watch.  It's a continuous source of entertainment for us to see these birds carrying on with things.  Our first nest has hatched and fledged and we've been seeing another pair of bluebirds checking out the available real estate so we're looking forward to watching it all over again.  Thinking about my bluebirds I designed a card with a beloved bluebird!

  I discovered a new to me challenge a few weeks ago and decided to join in the newest challenge. Inspire. Create. Challenge has fun sketch this time so I jumped right in.


  The card base is Whisper White thick.  I still have quite a few sheets of the soon to be retired Bird Ballad DSP so I grabbed this pretty floral pattern and build my card up from there.  The DSP is backed with a panel of Old Olive cardstock.

  The Stitched Shape circle is a nice clean background for the bird. The narrow strip is Terracotta Tile with the thank you stamped in Memento ink.

  The bluebird is stamped in Memento black and colored with Blends (listed below).  He's fussy cut and popped on dimensionals.  A black bakers twine bow is a little bit of embellishment.

  I hope you're seeing signs of spring with birds nesting in your area.  If you can do a nest box camera it really is a cool way to see the secret life of birds!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Free As A Bird

Ink: Memento black

Blends: Night of Navy light & dark, Cajun Craze light, Calypso Coral light, Petal Pink light, Mango Melody dark, Old Olive light & dark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile, Bird Ballad DSP

Accessories: Stitched Shapes dies, black baker's twine, dimensionals 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!