Friday, March 27, 2020

Joey Lion - Stampin' Up! Bonanza Buddies - Fab Friday 186

 Happy Friday...I think it's Friday anyway!  Every morning at least one member of our family asks what day it is.  Not that the day of the week matters much any more but we still feel the need to know where in the week we are.  At least every other week I have the new Fab Friday Challenge to help me keep track of days.  I hope this fun, bright, cheerful color combine will bring a smile to your face.


  When I saw the challenge colors I was excited and ready to get stamping.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do and which stamps I wanted to use.  Then a few hours later I still didn't have something I liked.  I kept changing elements and swapping out different things but I just couldn't get a finished project that I was happy with.  It all started with some water color stripes that I thought were a home run for a card element...nope!  I wanted to do something like I did with my rainbow card the other day so I made a nice panel with all of the colors and then....blah... I didn't like how anything looked. But I persevered and finished a card.


  The one thing that didn't change was the the custom sentiment "How You Doin' ?" which I thought was funny for a thinking of you card.  If you don't know this catch phrase from the show Friends then now is the time to binge the whole series.  Seriously we have weeks of staying home; you have lots of time to watch!  The Joey character on the show always makes me laugh so I named the lion Joey and put together the sentiment with the retired Labeler Alphabet set.   

  I ended up salvaging a strip of my watercolored stripes for along one edge and used a bit of texture with the Brick & Mortar embossing folder for the background.  I added a few retired white enamel dots because why not? 

  I hope you'll like these colors as much as I do but have a far easier time creating with them than I did!  I look forward to seeing your card in our Fab Friday gallery!  Check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team for more inspiration!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bonanza Buddies, Labeler Alphabet (retired)

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Terracotta Tile, Memento black

Paper: Mango Melody, Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Terracotta Tile, Watercolor paper

Accessories: Brick & Mortar embossing folder, Bonanza dies, black baker's twine, dimensionals, white enamel dots (retired)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!