Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Glittery Pink Poppies - Stampin' Up! Painted Poppies

    My card for today is another poppy card that we did in my last class and I really ended up loving this color combination that was inspired by a challenge that was live when I was doing my designing for the class.  I thought that the blue/pink combo really made the poppies pop and the bit of shimmer from the embossing and Shimmery white paper was a little glitzy but not over the top.


  The flowers are embossed with Shimmer White embossing powder on Shimmery white cardstock.  Then they are colored with Aquapainters and Flirty Flamingo and Blushing Bride ink.  It's fun to see so many cards made with the watercoloring because everyone's flowers end up so different.  After the flowers were colored and dried they were cut out and then popped over the cut and stamped label.

  The Night of Navy panel is embossed with the Parisian Flourish which is so pretty and elegant I hope it carries over to the next annual catalog so I can keep using it.

  And finally, I showed my class the "fork bow" with the seam binding ribbon. It's a fun technique that makes a really nice tidy little bow.  I did this Fork Bow tutorial with photos a long time ago.  Hopefully you find it helpful or even a little reminder of how it's done if it's been a while for you.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Painted Poppies, Here's a Card

Ink: Night of Navy, Seaside Spray, Versamark, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo

Paper: Seaside Spray, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Shimmery White

Accessories: Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Painted Labels dies, Shimmer White embossing powder, seam binding ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!