Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Breathtaking Spring Flowers - Stampin' Up! Breathtaking Bouquet

  Our family is rolling with the social distancing groove.  We are trying to keep to somewhat of a normal schedule and doing ok.  We aren't much for crowds or constantly being on the go normally so so far we aren't going crazy or getting too irritated with each other.  But it's is only Day 3 as far as the boys being home from school (we aren't counting the weekend!).  We'll see how we feel on Day 12 lol!

  In the meantime I'm trying to find some time to create which is much more difficult for me when everyone is at home.  I usually do my stamping in the the early afternoon after completing chores and errands and before the boys get home from school.  I'm finding the ideas aren't coming quite so easily with 3 other people in the house moving about.  I'm going have to learn to focus a bit more!

  I was able to complete this card yesterday and after I had it finished I realized how I could have made it differently for a more pleasing layout.  In the end I think I stamped the Breathtaking Bouquet layer too small and it ends up being about half the height of the card which is just too even and I think it would look better if more of the image was stamped and colored.  Too late now; I've finished coloring and don't think I'm going back to it again for a while!


 I was inspired by the challenge over at the Paper Players which is to do a CAS design with Spring Flowers.  While the coloring was not simple the overall look and layout of the card is clean and simple so I'm going to share it in the gallery over there.

  The card base is Pool Party, then a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.  I tied a bit of the polka dot tulle ribbon in a knot around the Whisper White layer.  A sentiment and a little butterfly help anchor the ribbon.

 The Breathtaking Bouquet background stamp is stamped in Memento and colored with Stampin' Blends (colors listed below).  Once I was finished coloring I fussy cut along the top edge and then popped it up over the embossed layer.  It didn't take as long to color as I thought it would; the longest part was deciding which colors to use!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Breathtaking Bouquet, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Butterfly Gala

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Granny Apple Green light & dark, Bermuda Bay light, Pineapple Punch light & dark, Highland Heather light & dark, Poppy Parade light & dark, Calypso Coral light & dark, Petal Pink light & dark, Pool Party light

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, polka dot tulle ribbon, Butterfly Duet punch, dimensionals


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Amanda! Lots of coloring of that gorgeous flower image!! Love the simple layout. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at The Paper Players! :) And...good luck with the SD (Social Distancing!)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the proportions of the card, but I still think it is very nicely done and a great way to highlight that beautiful new set! The Subtle embossing really adds some nice texture too! Hope you get into a routine with your boys and your crafting...about the time you get it figured out, we'll go back to normal (whatever that is!)!!! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda your florals are coloured beautifully and your card shows them off to great effect. I feel your pain with the whole social distancing thing - a house full of active children is impacting my crafting too! Hopefully we will manage to adjust and find a way in these challenging times. Thanks for playing along with my CAS spring flower challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!