Monday, March 16, 2020

Play Ball Birthday - Stampin' Up! For the Win

  I hope everyone is staying safe at home and hunkering down.  We've been home since Friday pretty much minus a trip to church to drop off food pantry donations on Sunday.  It was all drive up and go so it didn't even really feel like "going out".  We even had church streamed online for the first time! Crazy times!   Since everyone is stuck at home I expect to see beautiful lawns and gardens this year.  No excuses not to weed!  And lots of cards of course!!

  I was able to make this card last Friday before the kids were sent home from school for the next few weeks.  I was inspired by the sketch over at CAS(e) This Sketch. (see at the end of my post for the sketch). I decided to try for a baseball field look!

  How did I do?


  The card base is Whisper White thick.  There is a narrow strip of Soft Suede on the edge that I stamped (stamping off once) with the smaller splotch stamp from Painted Poppies.  That kind of looks like the infield right?  On top of that I used a piece of Call Me Clover that was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder for some texture.  The sentiment is heat embossed in white.  I used my retired Fringe scissors along the one edge to make a bit of "grass".

  Next I inked up the baseball stamp from the For the Win set with my Real Red and Sahara Sand markers.  I did that 3 times and then punched them out with a circle punch.  They are popped up around the sentiment on dimensionals.

  Since there isn't real baseball at the moment maybe it's time to break out some baseball movies until the real thing is back?  And stamp while watching of course!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: For the Win, Painted Poppies

Ink: Soft Suede, Versamark

Markers: Real Red, Sahara Sand

Paper: Whisper White thick, Call Me Clover, Soft Suede, Whisper White

Accessories: white embossing powder, Subtle embossing folder, dimensionals, fringe scissors (retired)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!