Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Glimmer & Rainbows - Stampin' Up! Bonanza Buddies

  We are keeping up here with school work, house work, regular work and of course stamping "work".  While I call stamping my "jobby", part job part hobby I don't think it will be much of job in the weeks and months to come but I am sure glad I have it as a hobby right now.  Being creative with pretty papers and colors is something that will bring me a bit of peace during these crazy times.  And I hope that the cards I'm sending out daily will bring a bit of joy to those on the receiving end.

  My card today was inspired by the Festive Friday challenge for National Unicorn Day.  You're to use 3 items from the inspiration list to create your card.  I went with rainbow, glimmer and hearts.  And I may have a sequin and rhinestone thrown in for good measure!

 

  I'm not much of a watercolor-er as I tend to get too much water or too much ink and my blending and shading skills leave a lot to be desired but I'm pretty pleased with how my rainbow stripes came out.  Only a few oops spots!  I used watercolor paper, ink refills and an aquapainter.  I just alternated colors all the way down then trimmed the finished and dried panel with a Stitched Rectangle die.

  I wrapped a bit of silver metallic edged ribbon around the panel the built up the rest of the elements.  The heart is punched with the Heart punch pack in Sparkle glimmer paper.  The koala from Bonanza Buddies is stamped in Smoky Slate with his face embossed with shimmer black embossing powder.  His party hat is rainbow as well colored with markers and cut out and popped with a mini dimensional.  I added a sequin and rhinestone for more sparkler.

  The final item is the sentiment stamped on Pool Party cardstock and then popped with more mini dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bonanza Buddies

Ink: Memento Black, Smoky Slate, Versamark

Watercoloring: Calypso Coral, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Sparkle Glimmer paper, watercolor paper, Pool Party

Accessories: Heart punch pack, Stitched Rectangle dies, Bonanza dies, silver metallic edged ribbon, rhinestone, sequin, dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card, Amanda! Love that little koala and his party hat. Thanks so much for joining us over at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful results and so festive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!