Thursday, March 19, 2020

Modern Poppies - Stampin Up! Painted Poppies

  Well it's official; 3 days into the 2 week no school, stay home, social distancing thing the schools have closed until at least April 13.  When I heard the news yesterday I took a deep breath and kept stamping.  There's not much else we can do but it's going to be a long haul and we have some adjustments to make.  I hope I have enough cardstock stockpiled! Now postage stamps to actually mail all these cards is another story!

  I started and completed today's project over 2 days and it didn't quite turn out like I had envisioned.  The color combo was inspired by bedding I saw in a catalog and the layout is from the current challenge at the Global Design Project which is to case one of their designers.


  At first I tried to color in the white embossed poppies with various mediums; Blends, colored pencils, ink and Blender pen and it was all basically a hot mess.  The colors were either too dark and saturated or too light and blotchy.  I ended up with a sponge dauber and ink pad and lightly inked the centers of the flowers.  I used a white colored pencil and added a bit to highlight the leaves.

  For the circle element I cut it out using the Painted Labels dies in Whisper White then cut another one in Pretty Peacock and used the cut outs to fill in the openings in the Whisper White circle.

  The Pretty Peacock poppies are embossed in white and die cut and I added some Gray Granite centers (from the Poppy Moments dies) colored with clear Wink of Stella.

  A few faceted gems finish off the embellishments.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Painted Poppies, Honey Bee (sentiment)

Ink: Versamark, Pretty Peacock

Paper: Gray Granite, Pretty Peacock, Whisper White

Accessories: white embossing powder, Painted Label dies, Poppy Moments dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, faceted gems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!