Monday, March 30, 2020

Happy Hello - Stampin' Up! Happy Tails

 I'm running out of things to start my blog off with since I haven't done anything different in 2 weeks!  We're starting off week 3 at home and I can say we are definitely in a routine.  I did attempt to make bread of the weekend so I guess that's different!  Yeast and I don't tend to get along but we needed some rolls to go along with our sausage, peppers and onions.  It was an easy recipe and the rolls tasted good but they didn't end up like sub rolls, more like small hot dog buns!  Oh well.  I will try again another day and see what happens!

  On Saturday I worked on finishing up a set of cards to send out to my bible study group so I didn't stamp anything new.  You can see the design here.  Yesterday I had a bit of time (haha) so I worked on a design for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge which closes this afternoon.

  I was looking through my DSP for something to use on this sketch and so much of what I have is floral or nature-y and I wanted something a bit more graphic.  I came across a bag of scraps of a Sale-a-Bration DSP from several years ago; Bubbles & Fizz DSP.  Yes, I had to google it to figure out the name!


  I paired up the DSP with the sweet pup from Happy Tails and kept my layers minimal and used some stitched dies for some interest.  On the inside I stamped some more hearts and the sentiment "keep calm and wag on".  I think that will come in handy in the coming weeks!

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Tails, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral

Paper: Whisper White thick, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral, Bubbles & Fizz DSP (retired)

Accessories: Stitched Rectangles dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Dog builder punch, black embossing powder, dimensionals, Pineapple Punch 1/8" grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I loved that dsp, and I love your sentiment on the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!