Monday, March 23, 2020

Checking In Owls - Stampin' Up! Check You Out

 I hope everyone had a good weekend in spite of social distancing and staying safe at home.  I can't say I was terribly productive in doing anything but feeding my family and stamping.  But right now that's enough for me.

  For my card today I joined in on The Card Concept challenge which is "Woodland Nursery" and has an adorable inspiration graphic (see the end of my post).  This one actually took a bit of thinking because while I currently have a lot of animal stamps not many of the could be considered woodland animals.  I mostly have zoo, farm and extinct animals so cute little forest animals are few and far between.  Luckily I think the owl from the Check You Out set fits the theme.
 

  The background piece of Soft Sea Foam is embossed with the Tufted embossing folder and then topped with a tilted piece of retired Coffee Break DSP with a cool woodgrain pattern.  The sentiment is embossed in white in the lower corner.

  The owls are stamped in Soft Suede and the glasses and backing circles are Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam and Flirty Flamingo. I dug through my ribbon scraps and found matching pieces for each owl.  I gave myself a little pat on the back for using the retired paper and ribbon scraps.  Now I can buy new stuff right?  That's how this all works isn't it??

  The owl panels are all popped on the card front to finish this Woodland themed card up.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Check You Out

Ink: Versamark, Soft Suede, Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam, Flirty Flamingo

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Soft Sea Foam, Balmy Blue, Flirty Flamingo, Coffee Break DSP (retired)

Accessories: Tufted embossing folder, white embossing powder, Stitched Shapes dies, dimensionals, various retired ribbon



1 comment:

  1. This is a perfect image for the challenge, Amanda....I should have thought of this one myself! The background looks so realistic too! Thanks for sharing this at The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!