Saturday, March 28, 2020

Bunny Pig? - Stampin' Up! This Little Piggy

  In keeping with our family's idea of trying to keep things as normal as we can we did what we normally do on Saturdays which is sleep in a bit, have a yummy breakfast (waffles today!) and laze about not doing much of anything.  We all took a walk to the nearby park and stretched our legs and waved from a far at others doing the same thing.  Now we're puttering about the house doing this and that.  Aggie and I are sitting on the front porch watching the neighborhood go by. It's not such a bad thing not to have places to go or people to see these days!

  My card to day is a bit of a goofy one as I wanted to participate in the Color Throwdown challenge which is to use purple, pink and white for a card.  I couldn't get the thought of Easter out of my head with those colors so I sat down to see what I could come up with.  I have exactly zero Easter stamps if you take away the generic flowers in my collection.  And the only Easter greeting I had is the tiny one in Itty Bitty Greetings.  What to do? What to do?

  I saw a cute card a few days back somewhere, Facebook? Pinterest? Challenge gallery? and they used the Daisy punch to make bunny ears for some punch art bunnies.  So smart and clever!  But I didn't want to case that exactly so I thought maybe another animal wearing bunny ears would work instead.  This Little Piggy was perfect!


  I stamped the pig in Memento black and colored him/her? in with Stampin' Blends.  It's a simple image to fussy cut so I got that finished then added the ears which were punched from retired White Velvet paper from a few Christmases ago.  The bunny tail is an Assorted Pompom from the current mini catalog.  I adhered with dimensionals the Bunny Pig onto a Highland Heather Stitched circle. Voila! Bunny Pig!

  The rest of the card is very basic with a Highland Heather base, then a Whisper White stitched rectangle and a piece of retired Gingham Gala DSP (my last full piece!).  The sentiment from the long retired And Many More set is stamped in Highland Heather ink and colored in with the Petal Pink marker.  It's perfect for this card don't you think.  Maybe I should have added an oink oink too!  I added a pink ribbon knot that I found in my ribbon scrap bin to finish off the embellishments.

  Always remember punch art if you're stuck for needing an image you don't have a stamp for!  You never know what inspiration it will spark!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: This Little Piggy, And Many More (retired)

Ink: Memento Black, Highland Heather

Blends: Petal Pink dark, Flirty Flamingo light, Crumb Cake dark

Paper: Highland Heather, Whisper White, Gingham Gala DSP (retired), White Velvet paper (retired)

Accessories: Stitched Rectangles dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Daisy punch, dimensionals, ribbon (retired)


1 comment:

  1. Love this! We have a tradition in our family of a huge Easter Egg Hunt that had its beginning in the early-mid 1940's. This year it will not happen. Relatives can't travel and almost every family has 4 or more members. When I saw your card, I decided that it would be perfect to send to the children in our family that will miss hunting eggs. Since the hunt was on a family farm for all of my egg hunts as well as my children, I thought it would be a light-hearted way to let them know that we would miss being together. Thank you for this fun card idea! I hope your Easter will be a special blessing to you and your family, even if it isn't "traditional" in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!